Stagnation



Sometimes, we feel we are not moving…

It was around three in the afternoon today. I was traveling alone from Digos City back to my home since my colleague just disembarked the bus earlier. Having no seat mate, I placed my heavy bag beside me on the empty seat. It was cold inside the bus; it must be from the air-conditioning or from the chill wind outside. From my window, I saw angry clouds filling the vast sky. I looked around and still many seats were empty. It must be the incoming storm that limited the number of travelers. Well, it was fine.
No sooner did the engine roar and our bus left the terminal. I really wanted to get home before nightfall, but much to my dismay, the bus coursed slowly, like jellyfish on cold waters. I could not do anything about it, so I just sat back, listening more intently to the music by the band Firehouse that the bus radio played, and watching with greater keen the sights that continually vanished before me. We were slow, but slow enough to make me think of things.

The recent days had been so busy for me. I got to attend to a lot of things – my six subjects at school, my functions as the chairman of our department, plus maintaining my blogs, writing articles and keeping my online activities. I do not know, but I feel this being busy had me less efficient. I had been softer and slower. Too good at such bad times. And too bad when times were so good.


I gazed outside the window again and droplets of water started falling down the pane. The clouds had shed rain, but through the mist and the greenish background, I struggled to catch a vision of myself. Weak. Tired. But it was only a vague vision. How much larger than life would it be if the mirror is clearer? How much weaker would I seem?

Maybe, I have been burned out. Or I was not up to the challenge I accepted. Or I was not simply improving; instead, I am falling…

Maybe, it is time to be tougher and harder. I could be the man with the iron mask. Or the man with an iron fist. Or the iron man himself. Just be iron strong…

Maybe, it is time to play rough. Play hardball and survive. I had always been good playing games; maybe it is time to play again. And be better…

I smiled to myself. Yes, it is time to play the game with an iron heart. I felt my blood rushing throughout my body. I was excited.

The rain had raged outside and I was so much tired. I closed my eyes and took a sound sleep. I knew when I wake up, I would be ready to take on a faster speed…

It is time to move. And… Game on.

Image courtesy of this page.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...